Environmental Health

Use the links below to request a document or to submit a complaint to the department.

Complaint Forms

General complaints such as Body Art, Childcare Facilities, Hotels, Restaurants, Nursing Homes, Septic Tank Systems and Wells can be filed through our Environmental Health General Complaint Form.

To report a food-borne illness, complete the Food-borne Illness Complaint Form

Information provided and submitted on the complaint form is subject to North Carolina public record laws in accordance with NC G.S. 132.

Requests for Documents

Request for Documents: Food, Lodging, & Institutions

Request for Documents: Septic tank systems and Wells

ServSafe Registration Form

ServSafe Course and Exam Proctoring Registration Form

The dates for ServSafe found here: ServSafe Calendar

Animal & Pets


Bed Bugs

Bed Bugs 2

Body Art




Disaster Information


Env. Health Lab

Environmental Health Lab

Fee Schedule

Fee Schedule

Food Recalls

Food Recall

Food Safety & Service

Food service

Indoor Air Quality

Indoor Air Quality

Lead Poisoning

Lead Investigation


Lodging 1

Public Pools


Septic Systems


Vectors & Pests

Septic 2

Mission Statement

"To safeguard life, promote human health, and protect the environment through the practice of modern environmental health science, the use of technology, rules, public education, and above all, dedication to the public trust."

Environmental Health provides education, surveillance, and enforcement of state laws and rules and county ordinances.

Annual Reports

2021-2022 Annual Report

2020-2021 Annual Report

2019-2020 Annual Report

2018-2019 Annual Report

2017-2018 Annual Report

2016-2017 Annual Report

View Environmental Health Annual Reports from previous years in our Archive Center

Applications, Documents, and Forms

Applications for restaurants, food trucks, pools, and more can be found here.

Sanitation Inspection Reports

Find scores and see violations for all facilities inspected by the Health Department at this link: Sanitation Inspection Reports.

ServSafe Classes and Proctoring

ServSafe Classes and Exam Proctoring are offered by the Craven County Health Department. More information can be found here.

Payment for Services

We accept cash, checks, credit card, and debit card payments for services. A service fee will apply for all credit and debit card payments. The fee schedule can be found here.

Public Record                               

All correspondence with the Environmental Health division of the Craven County Health Department is subject to North Carolina public record law in accordance with NC G.S. 132. Correspondence includes, but is not limited to, email and complaint forms.