Animal / Rabies Management
The safety of our community, animals and employees is our number one priority. We have seen an increase in families coming to adopt, drop off animals, bring their animals for rabies shots, donate and volunteer. While the staff and animals love and appreciate all that you do, we want to take some extra precautions to keep everyone safe and well. Beginning Saturday, March 21, 2020, we will be asking that our customers visiting the shelter make an...
Congratulations to the Animal Services Center
Congratulations to the Craven Pamlico Animal Services Center on being recognized for their innovative use of a rain water collection system (PDF) Opens a New Window. by the Craven County Water Conservation Committee.
To encourage rabies vaccinations and reduce the number of stray animals in Craven and Pamlico Counties.
- Rabies Control - removes unvaccinated and stray animals, sponsors rabies clinics through local veterinary offices, provides animal quarantine.
- Public Education - through organized lectures, individual consultations and a variety of written materials available upon request.
- Pet Adoptions - provided at the Animal Services Center for a fee with certificates provided for rabies vaccinations and population control.
- Rabies in North Carolina: Veterinary Public Health provides services to physicians, health departments, hospital ERs, veterinarians and the public concerning diseases transmitted between people and animals (zoonoses).
- North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission: Information on laws and regulations relating to wildlife in North Carolina
- North Carolina Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services: Information on regulations relating to animal welfare and animal health programs
- Disaster Preparedness for Pets: Information on protecting your pets during emergencies