The Craven County Economic Development Department’s mission is to facilitate economic growth in the Craven County. We work with employers throughout counties helping them mitigate risks to invest more into the county and create jobs. We also market Craven County’s strengths to companies that are interested in relocating their businesses or expanding to a new location. While primarily thought of as focusing on industrial development, the Department also assists in growing other areas of the economy, such as agriculture, health care, tourism and the defense industry. The Department also manages the public/private economic development partnership known as the Craven 100 Alliance (C1A). This nonprofit’s mission is to bring public and private entities together and make key investments that result in private sector investment and job growth.
- Carolina GSE purchased the Craven 100 Alliance shell building. The total investment is $2 million and will create 10 jobs.
- EAE purchased five acres in the park in 2019. They plan to invest nearly $1 million and create 25 jobs.
- Craven County i under contract with Bayfront Development to purchase 6 acres. This will lead to a new shell building an an investment of nearly $1 million.
- Craven County was awarded a NC Department of Commerce Grant of $370,000. Along with a Duke Energy grant of $25,000 and investment from the county, this will add $500,000 worth of infrastructure to the park.
- New tenant Chemac completed their building in 2020, another $1 million investment into the park.
- McGuckin & Pyle relocated their operations from Pennsylvania in 2019. This meant a $2.5 million investment and the creation of 13 jobs in the park.
- Chatsworth expanded in 2019, this expansion surpassed their initial investment estimates of $1 million and created more than the 15 jobs intended.
- Through grant funds from the state and assistance from Craven County, was the extension of Executive Parkway - a road that has provided access to additional acreage for future development.
Economic development is alive and well in Craven County and its industrial park, between big investment announcements and the accumulation of impressive growth from several smaller companies over the last couple of years. Read on...
BSH Home Appliance in New Bern is looking to fill several dozen jobs in an urgent push to employ and help fill the supply of their globally recognized home appliances. Read on...
Craven County, NC -- C1A in partnership with NC Works Career Center Craven is pleased to announce the 6th Annual Craven Works Outdoor Job Fair to be held at Union Point Park on Tuesday, March 30 beginning at 12pm. Read on...