- Economic Development
The Craven County Economic Development Department’s mission is to facilitate economic growth in Craven County. We work with local employers helping them mitigate risks to invest more into the county and create jobs. We also market Craven County’s strengths to companies that are interested in relocating their businesses or expanding to a new location. While primarily thought of as focusing on industrial development, the Department also assists in growing other areas of the economy, such as agriculture, health care, tourism and the defense industry. The Department also manages the public/private economic development partnership known as the Craven 100 Alliance (C1A). This nonprofit’s mission is to bring public and private entities together and make key investments that result in private sector investment and job growth.
- Carolina GSE purchased the Craven 100 Alliance shell building. The total investment is $2 million and will create 10 jobs.
- EAE purchased five acres in the park in 2019. They plan to invest nearly $1 million and create 25 jobs.
- Craven County is under contract with Bayfront Development to purchase 6 acres. This will lead to a new shell building with an investment of nearly $1 million.
- Craven County was awarded a NC Department of Commerce Grant of $370,000. Along with a Duke Energy grant of $25,000 and investment from the county, this will add $500,000 worth of infrastructure to the park.
- New tenant Chemac, Inc. completed their building in 2020, another $1 million investment into the park.
- McGuckin & Pyle relocated their operations from Pennsylvania in 2019. This meant a $2.5 million investment and the creation of 13 jobs in the park.
- Chatsworth expanded in 2019, this expansion surpassed their initial investment estimates of $1 million and created more than the 15 jobs intended.
- Through grant funds from the state and assistance from Craven County, was the extension of Executive Parkway - a road that has provided access to additional acreage for future development.
C1A Holds Stakeholder Meeting at New Bern Riverfront Convention CenterSeptember 1, 2021 (Craven County, NC): On Wednesday evening, September 1, 2021, the Craven 100 Alliance (C1A) held its Stakeholder Meeting with well over 100 guests in attendance. Read on...
Coastal Carolina Regional Airport announces return of non-stop flights to Washington, D.C.Coastal Carolina Regional Airport (EWN) is now making it easier for those in Eastern North Carolina to travel to our nation’s capital. American Airlines seasonal non-stop flights will begin on June 3, 2023... Read on...
New county park, splash pad? These recreation projects are starting in Craven County next yearCraven County residents have an abundance of riches when it comes to outdoor parks and recreation areas. From playgrounds and nature trails to family picnic spots and historic sites, the city and county offer parks and recreation choices... Read on...