Craven County values small businesses - resources are available to help you start or grow your small business.
- Small Business Center at Craven Community College - The SBC seeks to increase the success rate of start-ups and the number of viable small businesses in eastern North Carolina by providing high-quality, readily accessible assistance to prospective and existing business owners. The SBC supports t he development of new businesses and the growth of existing businesses in Craven County by being a community-based provider of business training, consultations, and resource information. (All SBC programs and consultations are free of charge.)
- City of New Bern’s Department of Development Services - The City’s primary focus is providing assistance to the community in developing plans, ordinances, implementing projects, and administering codes that produce orderly growth while maintaining community character and New Bern’s small town charm.
- New Bern Area Chamber of Commerce - The Chamber serves to positively cultivate economic stability for the local community by partnering with local businesses to promote and engage its members so they are positioned not only to succeed, but thrive.
- Havelock Chamber of Commerce - Strengthens and promotes business in the Havelock region to facilitate a robust economic and community environment. The Chamber provides a platform for businesses to come together to work towards common goals and serve as a collective voice to advocate business issues.
- North Carolina SBA Small Business Resource Guide
- 2019 Small Business Handbook
- North Carolina Business Startup and Resources Directory
- North Carolina Center for Entrepreneurial Development
Targeted, performance-based incentive programs complement the state’s competitive cost structure and low business tax burden to offer businesses a cost-effective place to locate or expand.