What do I do if I have a leak?

You can apply for an adjustment on your bill if you meet the following requirements:

1) Customer must make repairs within 48 hours after being notified by the Water Department personnel. This is either by being sent or left a high consumption notice or upon creation of the bill.

2) Customer must provide either a signed statement or copy of a bill that states the leak has been repaired by a N.C. Licensed Plumber or an itemized store receipt for the parts that were used for repair.

3) In order to qualify for an adjustment the billed consumption must be at least twice as much as the average monthly consumption comprised by the surrounding 12 months, unless 12 months data is not available.

4) Customer shall pay the 12 month water consumption average plus, one-half the amount over the 12 month average and Craven County Water will absorb the remainder.

5) Only one adjustment shall be allowed in a consecutive twelve month period.

6) Bill must be at least $50.00.                                

Show All Answers

1. What are Craven County Water’s hours of operation?
2. What is a System Pressure Advisory?
3. What areas are serviced by Craven County Water?
4. How do I set up Craven County Water service?
5. Why do I have to show my ID?
6. What is Craven County Water’s current rate schedule?
7. Does Craven County Water service my sewer too?
8. Does Craven County Water service trash collection?
9. Does Craven County Water send out bills via email?
10. Why do I have to give you my account number to get any information when I call the office?
11. When is my Craven County Water bill due?
12. When is my disconnection date?
13. What if I cannot pay my bill?
14. What do I do if I have a leak?
15. Why did my water change?
16. Is my water going to be hard?
17. Why does my water smell like chlorine?
18. Will you test the water at my house?